When Anna Sui was four years old, she was already talking about becoming a designer.
‘I’m not exactly sure where I got this notion. It was probably something I saw on television. I always had it in mind that a designer had beautiful fabrics around her, and a big sketchbook, and would drape cloth around a mannequin, and go out to lunch. It seemed like a very glamorous life….’
Anna Sui’s first fashion show for fall 1991 was one of the giant breakthroughs for her career. She suddenly started getting a lot of press notice internationally. The professional world of Anna Sui has gone global…and still counting.
- Over 300 sales outlets in 30 countries
- 50 boutiques/ shop n shops in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Dubai, Turkey,and USA
- 27 accessory boutiques/ shop n shops in Taiwan, Korea, Honk Kong and China
- 17 DOLLY GIRL by ANNA SUI shops in Japan
- Over 350 ANNA SUI BEAUTY countries worldwide
- In 2010, Anna launched her 1st book…her ‘Fairytale’ fragrance – ‘Forbidden Affair‘