Green living expert, Danny Seo’s book ‘Upcycling‘ is my mantra. Often times, I incorporate some of the great finds from the flea market or vintage artwork to my handmade fashion collage…proud to be an eco-artisan.
My passion to create fashion artwork collage gives me a chance to incorporate recyclable materials and textile swatches to my original fashion sketches.
Most of my original fashion illustration art is created with mixed media – mainly in Gouache, color markers and pencils. Each piece is hand made, then transferred to Giclée Printing as poster art for reproduction. I often select from my collection of beautiful papers, vintage prints, and fabric swatches to add to the collage.
Travels inspire me tremendously, learning from various cultures often gives me a fresh take to create new art – from the exotic Ikat patterns of Bali, to the rich and spicy color palette of Morocco, and Mexico. The creative process tends to be intense, but I enjoy every step of the way.
- The fashion figures are illustrated on white illustration paper.
- Cut out the figures – place on black presentation board – sometimes leaving white area behind figures for contrasting effect.
- Design background: textile swatches, print artwork or trimmings are added to represent the design of the garment. Some trimmings are created with hand embroidery or bead work.
- Recyclable items are often used such as print patterns from other resource – I also like to customize these prints by painting over them to create dimensions.
- Place all the background elements around the fashion illustrations for final layout. Giclée printing captures the details of the original artwork very well – only for fraction of the price.
Take a look at these fashion designer art poster collections, tell me what you think.